Sunday, June 10, 2012

Food Journal:Day 50 (Heidi)

Half way there!!! Wow. I can't believe we started this 50 days ago. :) It's been fun, and I hope you are still enjoying reading. As has been mentioned, the next set of 100 posts will be drastically different from these, I think it will be surprising and possibly far more interesting to read. Thanks for hanging in there with us!

Breakfast: grapenuts and a package of splenda. This will be changing soon, as I'm starting a new endeavor of giving up artificial sweeteners, it's mostly to test a theory I heard about fake sugars and joint pain. So soon I will be using Stevia exclusively.

Lunch: It got crazy today and I didn't get lunch until 2:30 at a birthday party for some of my kids friends. I had two slices of pizza. And I had a venti Skinny caramel machiatto to kick my raging headache. (It worked too, which is good because the party was at a bowling alley with 20 kids!)

Dinner: Crockpot chicken cooked in salsa, wrapped as a burrito in a flour tortilla, with some lettuce, a tbs of sour cream and some cheese. It was fantastic. Katie made it because I'm babysitting for them so they could have a date night, plus I had ulterior motives. My washing machine is on the fritz and I am buried in laundry. I've done 7 loads so far. ;) Thank goodness for family!

Snack: I had some peanut butter pretzels she has in her cupboard. I had 2 servings, because I didn't look at the serving size before I ate them. You only get 8. I'm sure had twice that amount.

But I figure it's ok since I didn't have any other snacks today. I hope to finish that laundry and be on my way home shortly so I can go to bed. So that's it for the day.


2 comments:

  1. LOL I love how it says it was posted by Katie at the bottom! And that sounds like another recipe I need...so please tell Katie to post it! Love you! Hope your laundry is done and daddy has your sink fixed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi posted this at my house and just posted it under my account rather than log me out :) The recipe for the chicken is really hard. Are you ready? Chicken breast, jar of salsa, some water. Put it in the crockpot. Make sure chicken is covered. Cook on low. Then you can put it on tortillas and make tacos or burritos or enchiladas or whatever with it. Make lots cause I hear it freezes well.

    ReplyDelete