Saturday, June 23, 2012

Food Journal: Day 63 (Kim)

Today I did pretty well, I think. I really wasn't very hungry, probably because of the heat, but I feel like I made better choices than I have been.

Breakfast: (ha, I say the above then list this as my breakfast) One slice of leftover pepperoni pizza. :)

Lunch: BBQ chicken with half of a baked potato, peas and about 6 wedges of mandarin orange. I was out of sour cream so the potato only had spray butter on it.

Snack: 12 oz. can of regular Pepsi.

Dinner: A two egg omelet with ham, swiss cheese and mushrooms, shredded hashbrowns and a glass of whole milk.

Snack: An apple with a tbs. of caramel dip.

I also drank about 2 liters of water today.

So, I know there has been discussion on past posts regarding regular soda vs. diet soda but I have not really put much thought into it. However, recently (I would say for about 2 weeks now) I have been having some pretty severe pain in my hip. I was thinking that it was Sciatica but have not seen a doctor about it yet.

My husband was told during a training at work that there has been proof that diet soda's can cause Sciatica type symptoms. So he has challenged me to not drink diet for a while and see what happens. I have not had a diet soda since Wednesday evening and I have to say that my hip is starting to feel better.

So, now I have to decide if this is a fluke or if it is really true. I may switch back in a week or two and see if the pain comes back. I have decided that I am not ready to give up soda at this point so I am going to try to limit myself to no more than 24 oz. of soda a day. 

1 comment:

  1. See! That's interesting, I'm stopping all artificial sweeteners and am hopeful that it will impact my arthritis pain. Everything I've read suggests that it will, but I have not read any scientific journals. It's sort of an experiment for myself only. Anecdotal is fine for me if I feel better. :)

    ReplyDelete