Saturday, June 23, 2012

Food Journal: Day 62 (Heidi)

So today was not bad. I joined My fitness pal a few months ago and then like everything else I never actually did anything with it. I decided since I'm journaling anyway, I might as well use it to keep track and to get a better look at what I'm doing nutrients-wise. It's been pretty eye opening actually.

So yesterday:
Breakfast: Toast with an egg, (Cut a hole in toast and cooked the egg in the hole) sprinkled with one teaspoon Parmesan cheese. This was really tasty, but not enough food. I should eat two of these to hold me over for the morning. I tend to snack too much, and eat more calories over all during the day if my meals aren't more substantial.
Snack: 1 cup of cherries and a string cheese
Lunch: Okay, this probably doesn't sound very good to many people, but it is something I really like. I made "Pizza" on the multi-grain wasa crackers with turkey pepperoni and a wedge of laughing cow cheese. Again, not enough food. I will also add another cheese wedge-one per cracker. But I really liked it. And it wasn't hot. Most important part, since it's been about 106*F here.

Snack: Chobani yogurt, and more cherries.
Dinner:Chicken sausage, 1/2 cup brown rice, 1 cup sauted veggies, bell peppers and onion.
Snack: (AGAIN!!!) Goldfish crackers and more cherries.

I also worked out! This is big news. I have plantar faciitis, so that's been an issue for me for over a YEAR. I finally got my left foot feeling better and my right foot went. It's been a problem. So my father in law gave us a treadmill. I made myself walk to watch my show today on TV. My foot did ok, and i stretched and iced it. So hopefully I can keep it up! I have a small goal of 4-30 min walks per week. Baby steps.

If you want to keep my accountable, join my fitness pal, the app for smartphones is wonderful, but you can do it online too! I'm nakedraindancer, and you can add friends and follow along. Make sure I log in and journal. I may also open my food diary to the public if you think you would be interested in seeing my daily food choices/exercise choices. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment