Saturday, June 9, 2012

Food Journal: Day 49 (Katie)

My goodness!  We are nearly half way there already!  I can't believe it! 

Today was atypical for me actually.  Saturdays we generally spend working or running all around like crazy people trying to get things that have been put off done.  But today we decided we just needed to chill and spend the day at home (admittedly getting a few things checked off the "at home" to do list) and let the kids hang with their things for a while.  My day started rather abruptly (and a tad earlier than I prefer) at 6 am with my 1 year old screaming her head off from her crib.  I was in her room in less than a second (no really, this is probably not an exaggeration, which those of you with children will understand) just to find her with *both* her legs stuck in the crib bars.  A predicament I was initially under the impression only a younger baby could get themselves into.  And with that my day was off and running!

Breakfast: 2 Cinnamon waffles (the freezer kind) with syrup.

Snack: A glass of coke and some (I didn't count, but maybe 8ish?) whole wheat Ritz crackers.

Lunch: 1/2 a Totino's Supreme party pizza.  Another glass of coke.

Snack: An ice cream sandwich from Skinny Cow.

Dinner: Hubby wanted Italian and since he knows my cooking abilities so well he volunteered to run to Olive Garden for take out. :)  I had a bowl of Zuppa Toscana, a bread stick, a salad with their house dressing, and 4 bites of lasagna and four bites of fettuccine Alfredo.  And yes, I did count because I was so full by this point that I was just tasting my actual dinner! ha! 

Dessert: I made these yummy baked apples in the crock pot.  Each apple was cored and then stuffed with oatmeal, brown sugar, cinnamon and butter.  I cooked it a little too long but it was pretty tasty!

I then had another glass of Coke.  I'm not sure why I was craving it so much today.   But I do fill the glass almost entirely with ice before I drink it so I probably had about 24 ounces today.

2 comments:

  1. three questions/comments:
    1) I want the recipe for the apples
    2) I am not real sure here but I think two things may have made dinner so filling so fast...a) did you drink real coke or diet? b) watching what you eat and how much has shrunk your tummy capicity maybe?
    3) I read that if you drink DIET all the time, you start craving sweets. BUT if you drink reg soda instead, it satisfies you more and so you drink less and you don't crave sugar. 1 reg coke has 140 calories (says so on the can) 1 diet soda 0 calories but then the candy you crave has LOTS - like a snickers is over 300. I think I am switching to reg and giving that a try! Since I am not diabetic just 'fluffy'

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) Here is the link to the apples. I followed except I used 1/4 c. oatmeal instead of the walnuts. I also only made 4 apples but I made the full recipe of the stuffing. http://skinnychef.com/recipes/baked-apples

    2) I was drinking real coke so it could have been the extra calories. I wouldn't say I've been watching what I eat. Just writing down what I eat. While I'm a little more conscious of what I'm eating in regards to eating more veggies and fruits etc. I still have been just eating whatever I want pretty much. Especially on days I'm not required to write it down on here :)

    3) I've heard that too. I don't normally crave sweet things much. But I'm also not completely strict with myself on only drinking diet soda. It's similar I think to the studies that show people who drink whole milk consume less fat in a day than people who drink skim milk. Because you start to crave it. But using it as an excuse to consume as much sugar and calories and fat as you want is probably not the best plan :) But it might be a good launching point if you struggle with cravings.

    ReplyDelete