Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Food Journal- Day 3 (Kim)

Hello all! Kim here reporting in for day 3 of our new blog. This is a first for me so bear with me as I get the hang of it all. When my sisters and I first started talking about doing this and throwing around ideas, this was the one that I was not so sure about but in the end it seemed to be the simplest of the ideas so probably a good one to start with to get the ball rolling.
As I sit here eating a bowl of fresh strawberries with f.f. creamer on them trying to redeem myself at the end of yet another grazing day at the hospital (my baby has been there for the last two weeks). There is not a whole lot to do there so I tend to graze A LOT! At first I planned to be really good all day so that it wouldn't look so bad here but then I thought about why we are doing this and I figured that if I reigned myself in on day 3 just to look good then it would make it more difficult for me on day 99. :O) Besides I think that if I want this 100 day look at my eating habits to do me any good I have to be completely honest with myself and all of you.
So; here goes...

This morning I awoke in the hospital only to realize that I was completely out of my breakfast staples of the past two weeks (carnation instant breakfast and a banana) so I had a Kashi Trail Mix granola bar and some water that was in the room... pretty sad I know but I didn't feel like traipsing to the fridge in the nutrition room for some milk or orange juice and that was about all I had that sounded good for breakfast.

Now as you read yesterday, we gave Heidi the pleasure of reporting on her fair food intake and believe me we gave her loads of crap about it all day. However, I am a sucker for cotton candy and had to bring a bag home with me. So, needless to say this was my snack throughout the day. I bought the jumbo bag, I even let my daughter and my husband have a little (little being the operative word there). But it lasted me throughout the day.

Lunch was a little early for me as you can well imagine a granola bar and cotton candy didn't really fill me up. So I ate about 11:30 instead of my normal 1:30 or 2:00. I had a medium baked potato with Hormel turkey chili on it and a little cheese, I also had two small dinner rolls with butter. REAL butter! I love bread and butter! I also had about 10 oz. of Diet Pepsi.

Again with the cotton candy for a snack (really I just grazed on it all day). I also had some of my husbands soda that was not diet but I ended up not drinking much because it really wasn't very good.

Dinner was my weakest meal of the day. D.H. brought me (at my request) a cheeseburger meal from Mcdonalds. Oi, I hate that I crave greasy foods so much. I ate both the burgers that come in the meal and a medium fry. I also drank a med diet Dr. Pepper.

That is about it for the day. With the exception of the yummy strawberries I just finished off. Hopefully I can just go to bed and forget about food for the night. I always seem to crave the junk right about this time at night. Wish me luck!


3 comments:

  1. Grazing on cotton candy? hmmmm I think most 'creatures' who graze do so on green things... was the cotton candy green?! :-) Maybe having a hardboiled egg or a piece of cold chicken or something like that in the evening when you are 'craving the junk' - maybe your body is trying to tell you it didn't get enough of something during the day. And usually protein is what we skip. Just a thought. That seems to be what satisfies ME when I am craving and grazing in the evening! Or I eat dad's peanuts! (shhhh don't tell)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of your blog because I also struggled with weight issues and food/eating is my weakness! I have tried SEVERAL times before to log my eating, only I go along without even looking back or flinching an eye at it. I will make a renewed commitment to log my eating and evaluate what simple changes I can make. Keep the posts coming, it's motivating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shellie, I hear you! Keeping a food journal has always been hard for me too! This format sort of forces our hand. But if you need support feel free to comment, we will be here! Good luck!

      Delete