Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Food Journal- Day 4 (Katie)

I had all these fantasies over the last two days about how I was going to have a great day and eat healthy and prove to everyone that I could do it if I tried.  But it turns out that when I'm super busy that I don't try that hard.  Work has been chaos for two months now and having been out half of both Monday and Tuesday (to go to the fair and to chaperone my second graders field trip ~to a farm to talk about eating healthy of all things~) Wednesday was particularly hard at work. 

Breakfast:  I started off with my usual Carnation Instant Breakfast.  I grabbed an apple on my way out the door but by the time I dropped off the oldest at school and ran a couple errands I had forgotten all about it and it got too hot.  I put it in the fridge but not until later in the day.  (But hey! It's still there so I can eat it tomorrow!). 

Snack: I drank a Red Bull.  It's my husbands fault.  He bought it and I have no will power when those things are around. 

Lunch: A frozen meal with a fish fillet and some macaroni and cheese.  It wasn't even very good.

Snack: Banana (YAY! A fruit!)

Dinner: A Beach Club at Jimmie John's with BBQ chips and a big ol' regular Dr. Pepper. 

Dessert: About 6 oz of fat free, 25 calories per ounce, Tart Frozen Yogurt with blueberries and kiwi on top. 

A few notes:

1. It was Girls Night.  Every Wednesday my sisters and I go out to dinner and shopping.  We also always get frozen yogurt.  I usually load it up with candy and chocolate syrup so tonight I was good and only had fruit.  It was delicious and I felt pretty good about it!

2. I should have had iced tea at dinner.  I often drink tea but for some reason tonight I just wanted that Dr. Pepper.  I think I could cut out a lot of calories (at least when I eat out, I drink Diet Mt. Dew at work) if I only allowed myself to have tea unless it was a special occasion. 

3. I need to plan better for food at work.  I need to make a menu plan for lunches. 

4.  I really need to eat more fruits and vegetables!

Today my weight was 152.2.  This was a change of -0.2lbs! Ha! And I even went to the fair!

3 comments:

  1. yea for .2 lb gone! I may have found it...sigh I am hoping you girls get me inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry... I eat salads x3 a week for lunch. Maybe it'll rub off on you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Three times a week is great. I struggle with salad. I just don't think they taste good, and then when I get them to the point of tasting good, I might as well eat a cheese burger. :/ This sort of goes with my turkey sandwich dilemma. I know I can't maintain this. I'm thinking of trying to get my greens in with green smoothies. I love smoothies. And I have pinned a few recipes to try when summer kicks off in a week.

      Delete