Monday, April 23, 2012

Food Journal - Day 2 (Heidi)

Heidi checking in here. And my sisters thought it would be HILARIOUS to have me post on the day we went to the county fair. Of course!

Ultamately I tried to plan ahead a bit and not make my day a complete bust.
I started off my day with a protein shake for breakfast. These are pretty hit or miss for me. Some days they work great to fill me up and keep me satisfied until lunch. Other days I feel like I'm starving within an hour or two. Usually my shakes are protein powder, oatmeal, some frozen fruit, ice and water. I blend them up with my magic bullet. I love that thing, except that it isn't able to crush up big ice, and my ice maker isn't working so I can't get crushed ice. I digress.

I had a pretty hectic morning, so I fortunately felt full until after class let out. I had some peanut butter crackers with me and that worked until I got home from running errands, around 1:30. I also stopped at Circle K and grabbed a diet Dr. Pepper, aka Liquid of the Gods, and my one true addiction.

For lunch I had a frozen burrito and three cuties.

But then it came time for the fair. It's so hard to be good. Are you kidding me? Giant piles of  fried goodness in every form. Meat on sticks. Bags of spun sugar. So.very.hard.

I started out having wokked noodles and terryaki chicken. I'm not going to say it was healthy, but it was chock full of veggies and protein, and I think there were worse things I could have eaten for dinner at the fair. :)

Then I enjoyed:
1/2 a caramel apple, and I'm being generous because my 2 year old nephew ate most of the caramel. He informed me "I don't eat that apple, only THIS part" while pointing at the caramel. And he wasn't lying. He mostly at the caramel off and what he missed his sister happily sucked off. So mostly I had apple. On a stick.

1/2 of a funnel cake. I shared with my guy.

A small pinch of cotton candy.

And 4 small handfuls of cinnamon roasted almonds from my brother in law, then I walked away from him before 4 turned into 24. Those things are like crack. I would guess I had about 20-30 almonds. Drat.

That's it though. I think I fared (pun intended, you are welcome Chris) pretty well.

One other thing, I'm not feeling super happy with my weight right now. And I struggle to lose it. I am doing a lot of things right now that are a hindrance to this process rather than a help, and that is mostly because I'm lazy. I won't lie. And it's also frustrating for many reasons, one of which (and this is a pretty big one) is that I suffer from arthritis in both ankles and knees, bursitis in my hips, and plantar faciitis in both feet. One worse than the other. This makes aerobic exercise difficult and strength training very difficult. I'm looking into some water options and some other things.  All this to say that I'm not comfortable posting my weight just yet. I think that time will come. Another day, another post.

In the meantime, thanks for stopping by, and I hope that you keep reading. Like Katie said, I think this blog will surprise you. And will be interesting. Enjoy.


3 comments:

  1. So fun! Sounds like you did pretty good considering what you COULD have eaten. Maybe the clue here is take Liam with you to every meal. Unless you have chicken...then you won't get any of that. I need some motivation too - Wish our schedules worked out better - you could come swim every evening and I of course would have to go with you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well my summer schedule will work out better. I am done the 4th of May. I would swim with you. And I know my children will be terribly disappointed...

      Delete
    2. OK! And Kim & Katie can join us if that works for them. You just let me know when you want to come/start. But everyone needs to come at the same time - I am NOT swimming 3 times a day! Nope!

      Delete