Saturday, April 28, 2012

Food Journal-Day 7 (Katie)

This day was not that great.  And this post might follow suit since I'm in a bit of a hurry.  I had to work today, like most Saturdays, and I was there from a little after 9 to a little after 5.  Then we went home and had dinner and got kids in bed and now I'm here again.  And I'll probably be here a while.  So that being said you'll have to forgive my brevity and poor food choices alike.

Breakfast: The usual, Carnation Instant Breakfast and an apple.

Snack: 2 Samoa girl scout cookies

Lunch: Left over fajitas from On The Border.  It was just meat and veggies (chicken, beef and peppers, onions, and some squash) with 3 small flour tortillas.  A bit of rice and refried beans.  Diet Mt. Dew.

Snack- A small handful of pretzel crackers and a Vitamin Water.

Another Snack- (we had a really late dinner!)  This was partially my husbands fault as it was his idea and also clearly contributed to our late dinner, we went to Dairy Queen where I had a small blizzard.  It crossed my mind to get one of their "Mini" blizzards but I honestly have no willpower.  And we almost never go there!

Dinner- Grilled boneless, skinless, (tasteless) chicken breast, "shells and cheese" (you know, the kind with white cheese sauce?) I  hardly got any of that though because my kids love it, and some yellow and zucchini squash sauteed in a bit of olive oil spray.  Glass of milk.

Now that I'm back at work I'm drinking a Red Bull (though this time I'll take full responsibility).  And I will probably have something later but I'll make sure it's after midnight so I don't have to record it! ;)

I do have good news though!  On the suggestion of a friend I bought a salad spinner!  Now I have to hit the store tomorrow so I can get some fixin's and I can bring a salad to work so said friend doesn't make me look bad with her salad!

2 comments:

  1. You did ok today. And look at all the veggies you got in! Also, just so you know, I had the mini blizzard, and it really is an ok amount. :) I was surprised at how small it seemed but it really is plenty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few veggies! :) And next time I solemnly swear to eat a mini blizzard. (Though I have my doubts)

    ReplyDelete