Friday, April 27, 2012

Food Journal Day 6 (Kim)

So, I feel like I did a little better today with the fruits and veggies. I even ate less junk food so that is good too. We are on day 17 of a hospital stay for our little one and I am getting really sick of fast food (or any food not cooked in my kitchen for that matter). Today I got to have one home cooked meal!

Breakfast: Carnation instant breakfast (made with about 16 oz. of whole milk) and a banana

Lunch: Chicken salad from the Safeway deli on a kaiser bun, a tomato, some (5-6) sugar snap peas with about 1 tsp. of ranch dressing and about 1 cup of watermelon chunks.

Snack: ONE (believe it or not) Girl Scout Cookie and about 10 Ritz crackers with a slice of pepperoni and a small piece of cheese on each of them.

Dinner: (HOME COOKED!!!) Spaghetti with meat sauce, two small slices of garlic bread and broccoli.

Not too bad for the day, however I did drink two 20 oz. bottles of diet Pepsi and a small carton (think school lunch) of chocolate milk. I did not drink water, which of course I just realized now, so I will be having a glass before I go to bed and that will be my goal for the next few days. If anyone has any suggestions on ways to remember the water throughout the day I really struggle with this and would love the input. I often don't realize how little water I drink until I become really dehydrated...

2 comments:

  1. Drinking water is really a non-issue for me, I drink a ton. But one thing I do that has become a habit that I don't really think about is that I require myself to have had to large glasses (about 4 cups of water) in the day before I can have a soda. Most days I do this by 9-10 am and sometimes it's later if I have a cup of coffee. Then I also don't allow myself to have soda after 3pm. The only exception I make is when I go out for dinner, and if I go out more than once or twice in a week (say vacation or something odd) I get tea or water only. If you stop drinking anything but water by 3pm in this heat you will be sure to increase your water intake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try avoiding bubbles and it will cut your choices down and help your tummy to shrink back to the size it should be. The doc before my surgery said most folks have a stomache the size of a football because soda expands it. Therefore leaving more room for food when the bubbles are gone. I was pretty much whatever til he told me to.out some in my mouth and feel it bubble and edpand without swallowing. And not to drink because it would rip my stitches anchoring my tummy in place. I always have ice and constantly carry water. They tease me about it scouts. That I always have my glass. I shouldnt drink with a straw but it makes things easier. When you cut bubbles you will be usually stuck with mostly water. I had massive headaches when I quit soda. But energy went up. And i drink about 8 glass of 32oz of water a day now. totally hard to totally give it up and what i wouldnt do to share a rootbeer float with my D. My friend forces herself.to drink 3 glasses of water while she's gettig dressed.in the a.m. so at least three are out of the way and she tries to drink water whenever driving which is alot of her day. So she consistently gets water in. And with an only water in the car policy when her daughter spills its easy to clean up and not sticky. Good luck Kim.

    ReplyDelete